CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

3.28.2009

Makeovers



I Mean Have You Ever Felt As If You Or Your Kids Are Growin Up To Fast? Well Here Is One More Thing To Add To That Problem. Dora The Explorer Has A New Look. She No Longer Looks Like A Lil Midget Mexican Lesbian (A Dike Not A Fem), She's Now On Some Glammed Up Shit. Boy Are Parents Mad About This I Mean Of Course There Mostly White Parents But Hey I Mean Wateva. I Mean To Be Honest I Dont See Anything Wrong With Her New Look I Just Dont Like The Fact That She Ditched Her Homies And Shit. That Might Give Some Lil Girls Thoughts. But I Think ppl Are Goin A Lil Bit To Hard For This I Mean They Even Have Petitions For It. Some OfThe Points Made Are Some Good Ones

"Alas, we saw the signs. The cute flower lip gloss, the pinkified look, the sudden separation of Dora and Diego shows. We could have, should have predicted this after we saw the likes of Strawberry Shortcake, Holly Hobby, and Trollz (now with the ubiquitous commodified girl power “z”), all made over in the cute sexy way that marketers sell maturity to girls--the sassy wink, the long flowing hair, the thin waist, the turned out hip pose of practiced lingerie models. What next? Dora the Cheerleader? Dora the fashionista with stylish purse and stilettos? Dora the Pop Star with Hoppin' Dance Club and "Juice" Bar? We can expect it all, because that's what passes as "tween" in the toy department these days. "

But I Think I They Should Just Give It A Chance. Lil Girls And Boys Should Have A Character The Can Grow Along With.

0 comments: